For information, or if you are interested in being added to our contact list,
please email us.
The California Envirothon is an outdoor natural resource education program for high school students grade 9-12. In the field, students are challenged to work as a team to answer written questions and conduct hands-on projects focusing on environmental issues. Students from all over California join together to explore the environment in five disciplines: Forestry, Wildlife, Aquatics, Soils and a current environmental issue.
We are dedicated to challenging California’s youth in their knowledge of natural resources with emphasis on Soils, Forestry, Aquatics, Wildlife and Current Natural Resources Issues.
The California Envirothon will provide youth with natural resources experiences to promote a sense of personal stewardship of the natural environment and to empower them to take responsibility for the wise use of those resources for future generations.
Through a deeper knowledge of natural resource and current environmental issues students will learn:
• decision making skills
• team building and communication skills
• how personal actions affect environmental problems, negatively or positively
• how individuals can take responsibility and become action oriented
• about the interaction and interdependence of natural resource
• resource materials, agencies, organizations available to assist them in environmentally related matters.
Visit the North American Envirothon Website