TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PRESENTATION:
1. Plan who is going to say what.
2. Make your drawings large and easy to read.
3. Divide your presentation into an introduction, a middle, and an end.
4. Face your audience.
5. Stand clear of the chart so that all may see it.
6. Recap the problem in the beginning; lay out the issue very briefly.
7. Speak in complete sentences.
8. Learn to expand upon an idea; give examples.
9. Make your voice expressive.
10. Nervous is ok.
SOME COMMON PRESENTATION ERRORS:
1. Slang expressions such as frequent use of “you know”.
2. Frequent interrupting and cutting off each other.
3. Speaking too rapidly.
4. Speaking in sentence fragments.
5. Speaking in a monotone.
6. Constant body movement.
For tips on how to improve your orals presentation, check out the Toastmasters website.